Wednesday 26 February 2014

PERFECT OBSESSION: orange ones:







Perfect Obsession

This project began with an idea I had for a talked about FBI Winter spectacular, it was originally suppose to be a simple bright way of celebrating FBI in a festive environment.  This however wasn’t the case as my first attempt at making these didn’t turn out right due to me over whipping the mixture. This has become a continuing project about the obsession of making something perfect or at the very least highlighting my failures as I try to create something to a set perfect looking standard. My Most recent attempt ( the above) has been a complete failure although I like the bright orange colour of the mixture it was completely over-whipped, turning it into orange slop. it was also over baked making the paper stick to the bottom of the Macaroon mixture. Meaning I then tried to cut the paper from the bottom with a knife which didn't go so well, its at this point I begin to wonder if I should stop my quest for Macaroon Perfection while I have all of my fingers left. Or forget the recipe and try to make them my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment