Wednesday 25 March 2015

Admittance ( through those unloved cups of coffee)


It's interesting really, I drank coffee because you did I never really liked it but like a child to a trusted one I gulped it down as you took one. And laughed and smiled with a burnt tongue, you'd talk and walk as I drank my thoughts. And tell me that " one day it would all be all right" and that even now it was " okay to tell me, whenever you want, whenever you want". Through the sips and painfully burnt tongue I'd  cry and avoid your eyes. I'd only manage a second when you told me to " look at you" but that was all it took. Somewhere between the steaming cups, my moist cheeks and your gentle gaze there was a point a way for me to gulp it down and say.At first you were a stranger in disguise quick to anger, scary a hater. Though something in you called you to me, and through my youth I saw your truth. The hand that guided helped and decided. And then one day I'd decided, I looked up unguided.
" I'm scared" I said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment