Monday 19 May 2014

29/04/2014-19/05/2014

I meant to see you
everyday.

but I have been busy
 and long away.

I take a walk
and look today-

YOU
Have been through storms
and rain
and wind.

but you haven't let
the dark weather win,
and wet past your bright red skin.

Every-so-often
you have drifted
through my brain.

Hanging there
on your
today
warm shiny chain.

The sun is bright
too hot today.

And all the ants
have crawled away.

There's a drop of mint
left like a scar.

Your red-strong skin
has muck within.

like a jungle tree
the leaves do grin

As your
striking red skin
they smother
within.

A sign of life
you don't beat within.

They are smothering your
ant-prone skin.

And I'll leave you today
like a forgotten sin.

Where you can hang
and listen.

To the summer birds
sing.





(Object Response)

No comments:

Post a Comment